Terms and Conditions
TERMS OF SERVICE
Agreement between student users and Doctoral or MastersNet Services
These Terms of Service govern your use of services on all our website portals/apps, whether you are an individual or university supported member. You accept these terms by voluntarily using any tools provided by Pd.education ltd, exclusive of either Bigmarker a 3rd party vendors we connect you to by your choice because their services support ours and your graduate work. These Terms allow you, a student of a university contracting with our company to access and use all the tools on your university .pd.education site as well as attend webinars produced and marketed by us.
These Terms were last updated on 16th August, 2019 and are effective between you and Pd.education Ltd as of the date where you begin to use tools on any portal whose url ends with Pd.education.com. Pd.education Ltd reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time subject to one months’ notice. If such changes are considered material, Pd.education Ltd will inform registered users about the changes by email, and the changes will take effect one month after the sending of such email. Your continued use of our website or services after such changes will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified Terms.
In case of any discrepancies between the wording of our website and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail.
The services we deliver – and what you need to do
Your university purchased your right to use a graduate professional development platform that provides information and services to help your research, writing, thesis organization, graduate wellness, and transferable skills.. Those services are provided through online content, webinars, events, and phone applications.
To use our services you must sign onto https://(your uni initials).pd.education using your university email and password you were sent by email.
Term and Termination of Subscription
We reserve the right to terminate the Agreement and to stop the provision of services (i) without notice in case of material breach of the Agreement by you or (ii) at any time and without reason subject to one months’ notice.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (the ”Resources”), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) these Terms, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- To access specific opt-in Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (email, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited, as is any access or use for any means not associated with advancing your graduate degree.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as a feedback wizard, blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any Pd.education Ltd employees or representatives.
And that if you choose to share your name, picture or voice via webcam and sign in that these may be recorded.
- We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with these Terms, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pd.education Ltd and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms or the failure to fulfil any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defence of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under these Terms. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website or newsletter service, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are "as is" and "as available". This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
- the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
- the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate in your specific circumstances or reliable in all fields, and
- any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
- any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from Pd.education Ltd or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in these Terms.
- data collected electronically is aggregated with those from other students and may be aggregated with data from other universities for the purpose of research. Your university, who paid for your subscription owns the data which are processed by Pd.education and they are only used for educational purposed. Your individual data is never sold, shared, etc except when required by your university or in aggregate as part of ongoing research to improve professional development for graduate students.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of our services delivered to you under these Terms. Pd.education Ltd will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
Unless otherwise expressed, Pd.education Ltd expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
All content and materials available on Pd.education.com, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Pd.education Ltd, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by Pd.education Ltd.
Governing Law and Venue
This website is controlled by Pd.education Ltd, Ireland and is governed by European law. By accessing our website you agree to abide by those laws, excluding any provisions of law that would lead to the application of any law other than European law shall apply to all matters relating to the use of our website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
In the event of any dispute or difference arising under or in connection with these Terms or the Agreement (including a dispute or difference as to the validity of the Terms or the Agreement), such dispute or difference shall be referred to and resolved according to the judgment of the Irish courts and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at:
Kinsale, Co Cork, Ireland
Phone: +21 21 470-6990
Company reg. no.: 525783